Ever since I was a little girl, I daydreamed about the moment the love of my life would get on one knee to ask me to spend the rest of my life with him. However, as I got older, and especially when I got into my 30's, I began to have doubts that day would ever arrive. After experiencing my fair share of disappointments and unsuccessful relationships, I wondered if I was doomed to a life of singleness. I even had arrived to a point where I accepted that may be my reality and became content with being alone. Yet, one day, nearly 3 years ago, I met a man who came into my life, showed me that not all men are the same, and caused me to love again. All of the inner work I had done was not in vain. I finally met someone who saw past my physical appearance, scars and all, and loved the woman I truly am inside. After spending years healing from past hurts and pain, and working toward becoming a better version of myself, I attracted the type of man into my life that many women pray for. We started off as friends, took our time in getting to know one another, and built a strong and solid foundation for our future. On May 27, 2017, I got engaged to my best friend, my love, my confidant, and the man I prayed to God for. God does answer prayers; in Divine timing.
Below, in no particular order, are 33 reasons (for each month we've known each other) why I said "yes" to the man I love:
1) I said yes because he looked past my appearance and wanted to know me for who I was inside.
2) I said yes because he helped me to love again.
3) I said yes because I trust him, more than I've ever trusted anyone else.
4) I said yes because he's loyal.
5) I said yes because he respects me.
6) I said yes because he accepts all of me, scars and all. The good and bad.
7) I said yes because he doesn't always tell me what I want to hear, rather what I need to hear.
8) I said yes because he communicates with me.
9) I said yes because he holds me accountable.
10) I said yes because he challenges me.
11) I said yes because he's patient.
12) I said yes because he kissed me on my forehead and told me I was special.
13) I said yes because he helps my son with his math homework and has been a positive role model in his life.
14) I said yes because he's a great father.
15) I said yes because he's a provider.
16) I said yes because he supports me.
17) I said yes because he won't let me give up on myself or my dreams.
18) I said yes because he listens to me.
19) I said yes because he holds my hand.
20) I said yes because he says he's sorry.
21) I said yes because he's driven and works hard.
22) I said yes because he makes me laugh.
23) I said yes because he holds me when I cry.
24) I said yes because he tries to understand me.
25) I said yes because he makes an effort.
26) I said yes because he has my back.
27) I said yes because he's my friend.
28) I said yes because my happiness means more to him than I even realize.
29) I said yes because he's wise and intelligent.
30) I said yes because he's responsible.
31) I said yes because being with him makes me better.
32) I said yes because my heart said yes before the ring.
33) I said yes because he prays for me and he's the one I prayed for.
P.S. Have you gotten a chance to join my private transformation support group on Facebook? If not, I encourage you to subscribe and then head on over there and join my community of others who are committed to transforming their lives from the inside-out! I share insight, inspirational content, and much more! You don’t want to miss out on this awesome opportunity! Once you become a member, please share how this blog post resonated with you the most. I would love to hear from you!
P.S.S Follow me on social media for inspirational content, photos, and more! The links are below.